How can I maintain my marble kitchen worktop?
Marble has been used for kitchen worktops and other interior finishes such as splashboards, tables and tablets for centuries. It has both excellent aesthetic qualities and durability. The best long-term results are achieved by maintaining the marble properly, which is not difficult or labour intensive. Marble is also a living material that will look even more beautiful as it is regularly maintained over time.
If the marble did not receive an initial treatment by the installer or professional natural stone provider, you can treat the countertop yourself with Lithofin MN Stain-Stop to make the worktop extra resistant to stains.
Use Lithofin MN Easy-Clean for daily maintenance. This 2-in-1 product cleans and nourishes, removes greasy surface dirt and provides a beautiful patina.
Regular cleaning of your natural stone kitchen worktop with this product will make it more resilient and easier to maintain.
Clean the kitchen worktop regularly with Lithofin MN Power-Clean and then use Lithofin MN Easy-Clean again for daily maintenance.
- Don’t use too much water. A gentle rub with a damp cloth is sufficient.
- Never scrub with abrasive materials to clean dirt that is hard to remove. Using some undiluted Lithofin MN Power-Clean on a kitchen sponge is a far more durable solution.
- Acid stains can be removed with Propad hand pads.
- Marble surfaces can be made acid resistant before they are installed. Contact us or your natural stone provider for more information.
- Always follow the instructions on the packaging of the maintenance products.