How can I maintain my dolomite marble kitchen worktop?
Like conventional marble, dolomite marble is a popular material for kitchen worktops and other interior finishes, such as splashboards, tables and tablets. The two main reasons for this are its durability and aesthetic qualities. The best long-term results are achieved by maintaining the dolomite marble properly, which is not difficult or labour intensive. Dolomite marble is also a living material that will look even more beautiful as it is regularly maintained over time.
If the dolomite marble did not receive an initial treatment by the installer or professional natural stone provider, you can treat the countertop yourself with Lithofin MN Stain-Stop to make the worktop extra resistant to stains
Use Lithofin MN Easy-Clean for daily maintenance. This 2-in-1 product cleans and nourishes, removes greasy surface dirt and provides a beautiful patina.
Regular cleaning of your natural stone kitchen worktop with this product will make it more resilient and easier to maintain.
Clean the kitchen worktop regularly with Lithofin MN Power-Clean and then use Lithofin MN Easy-Clean again for daily maintenance.
- Don’t use too much water. A gentle rub with a damp cloth is sufficient.
- Never scrub with abrasive materials to clean dirt that is hard to remove. Using some undiluted Lithofin MN Power-Clean on a kitchen sponge is a far more durable solution.
- Dolomite marble is more resistant to scratches and acids than conventional marble. A test with a lemon does not result in any stains after five minutes. You still need to be careful with stronger acids, as they may still cause light stains.
- Acid stains can be removed with Propad hand pads.
- Dolomite marble surfaces can be made acid resistant before they are installed. Contact us or your natural stone provider for more information.
- Always follow the instructions on the packaging of the maintenance products.
Frequently asked questions
Need help choosing a kitchen worktop?
Here you'll discover all the possibilities and find what you're looking for.